While most of us end up spending a small fortune on our cars, window tints are often forgotten. While the type of quality and type of tint may vary according to area the benefit of car window tint is not just aesthetic. However, invest only in good quality tints or it’ll end up peeling off your windows in months.
Benefits of car window tinting are:
- It helps in maintaining the leather upholstery. Too much direct sunlight can lead to discoloration and fading. It helps prevent cracks in the interior and this makes your car seem new for much longer.
- Window tinting can also help your car windows from shattering in case of a collision. It’s also an additional layer of protection against thieves.
- Tinted windows can lower the heat that tends to build up. It helps maintain the air conditioner temperature at a balanced rate. Air conditioning overuse can be lowered thus leading to lowered CFCs from ACs.
- UV rays can have a harmful effect on the human body. Window tints offer protection against harmful rays. Skin cancer, burns, skin darkening, etc. can be the result of prolonged exposure to sunlight.
- Window tints provide privacy to you and your fellow travelers. You don’t have to hesitate about leaving valuables in your car as they are not visible. It can provide a sense of security from prying eyes.
Different types of climatic conditions and budgets call for different types of window tints. Some of the basic options available to choose from are:
- Dyed window tinting is an option for you if you’re on a budget. As this is a dye, it offers protection only against sunlight. This can fade or peel off easily too.
- Crystalline tinting is sheer or transparent tinting that offers UV rays protection. If you don’t want to opt for a coloured tint, then go for this.
- Metalized window tinting is the most popular type of tint as it makes the windows more strong. Tiny metal particles are used to build this tint instead of dyes. This tint protects against sunlight and offers shatter resistance in case of collisions.
- Carbon window tint film is more attractive as it contains a matte finish. It reduces the need for AC as it provides a cooling effect in summer. Carbon tinting is useful in winter too as it holds in the heat, thus reducing the usage of the heater. As this is a quality tint it is durable, unlike dyed tinting.
- Hybrid window tinting consists of both dye and metal particles. Grey dye and titanium are a common mix used to create this tint. This tint aims at imparting privacy along with blocking harmful UV rays. This tint is often preferred as it is a combination of positives of both types.
- Ceramic window tinting is an expensive but quality option. It can protect travellers from 99% of harmful sun rays along with providing shatter-resistance. As ceramic particles are famous for their non-conductive characteristics, it blocks more than 50% of the heat from damaging the interiors. Another benefit is that it doesn’t necessarily have to be dark to be beneficial.
So it’s important to remember the benefits of tints while choosing one. Choose according to your needs while considering climatic aspects. ARMotors specialised in car window tinting service in dubai, UAE.